Dana Point Pavement Preservation Project
Dana Point maintains a large network of residential and arterial streets. The Public Works Department takes pride in our streets and strives to keep them well maintained and safe.
In order to keep our streets looking great, and to protect those assets from degradation, the City will begin a new phase of Arterial Roadway Resurfacing & Pavement Preservation starting September 24, 2018. This work will include asphalt repairs, pavement overlay, placement of slurry seal, and new signing & striping. During the summer season, the City paused this project to avoid impacts on traffic, particularly near our popular resident/visitor destinations. Now that we are starting to ease into Fall, we are moving forward with the rather large project to keep our streets maintained at a high level. This Project will address needed maintenance on a number of our very busy arterial streets.
The streets included in the upcoming project are:
- Camino De Estrella from Camino Capistrano to Northerly City Limits
- Coast Highway from Camino Capistrano to Doheny Park Road
- Niguel Road from Camino Del Avion to Pacific Coast Highway
- Pacific Coast Highway from North City Limits to Crown Valley Parkway
- Pacific Coast Highway from Niguel Road to Green Lantern
- Pacific Coast Highway from Crystal Lantern to San Juan Creek Bridge
- Stonehill Drive from Golden Lantern to San Juan Creek Bridge
- Golden Lantern from La Cresta Drive to Stonehill
- Golden Lantern from Starboard Lantern to Dana Point Harbor Drive
Although we would like to avoid slowing the community down, this project will result in traffic delays on several streets. This work will not be all done at once, but rather one street at a time. Keep your eyes out for Message Boards on our streets that will be providing specific information on where work is planned. During this time, we would like to ask for patience and caution as the workers work diligently to complete each phase. We also want to thank the community for your cooperation.
For more updates through the projects stay connected on all of the City of Dana Point social media accounts.
If you have any general questions about the Project, please contact the Public Works Department at (949)248-3554 or by email at email@example.com.