The Dana Point Community Calendar Photo Contest Is Back!
Everyone’s favorite Dana Point contest is underway, and the images are coming in hot. If you don’t know what we’re talking about, here is the scoop. For the past two years, we have held a photo contest for our annual community calendar. This year we are looking for historical photos from before the City’s inception 29 years ago. We’re encouraging locals to dig into their old family chest of albums and share what they find with us.
The rules for the contest are as follows:
- Photos must be submitted through social media using #picturedanapoint or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Historical photos must have been taken before 1989
- All photos must have been taken in Dana Point
- Submit descriptions, including year, location, and photo contributor
- All of the selected winning images must be scanned as a tiff file for quality purposes
- You can submit as many as you have
After Labor Day, 12 – 15 images will be selected and we will announce the winners online! We will contact each winner through the channel they submitted their image, whether that is their email, their Instagram, or Facebook handle. Images will be selected for each of the 12 months, as well as the cover, and back of the calendar.
This year will be the 13th Community Calendar of Dana Point. Each year the calendars are given out around the community for free. If Dana Point is your second home, you can order our calendars and enjoy Dana Point all year long. You can order your calendar by emailing The Dana Point calendar has become a part of our city’s culture, and we are excited for another year of original images from people who love Dana Point.
For more on the contest, and other city news and events, follow along on the City of Dana Point’s Instagram and Facebook pages.